1. What is the purpose of the Texas Exes Asian Alumni Network?
- Increase opportunities for Asian Americans affiliated with The University of Texas at Austin to become successful.
- Promote membership into Texas Exes and involvement with the Texas Exes Asian Alumni Network.
2. Where did the idea for the Texas Exes Asian Alumni Network come from?
- Until 2008 there was no central organization that has focused on connecting Asian alumni to UT after graduation. Because Texas Exes currently does such a great job of connecting with alumni, we decided to partner with them in reaching out to Asian American alumni of The University of Texas at Austin.
3. What are the benefits from joining the Texas Exes Asian Alumni Network?
- Serves as a way to stay connected with the Asian American community on campus.
- Opportunity to connect with other alumni of The University of Texas at Austin.
- The normal benefits that go along with being a member of Texas Exes if you join the Texas Exes as a member.
4. How much are the dues?
- There are no dues for being a part of the Texas Exes Asian Alumni Network. In order to become an official Texas Exes member and the benefits that go along with it, please go to http://www.texasexes.org/join/index.aspx.
5. What other commitments will I need to make?
- Commitments depend on what you’re willing to put into it. If you would like to take on a more active leadership role, serve as a mentor, plan events, or be a part of one of the leadership committees, it’s up to you.
6. I am no longer in Texas; will there be any Texas Exes sponsored events held outside of Texas?
- We will be working with other Texas Exes Chapters in different cities across the world for promoting events like Texas Exes football watching and tailgating type of events.
7. If I am currently a Texas Exes member, how do I join the Texas Exes Asian Alumni Network?